Monday, May 16, 2005

Movie Review: The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy (3.9/5.0)

Last Wednesday, I watched "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy". This movie is based on a book which is based on a BBC radio show written by Douglas Adams. I heard from the fans of the book that you'll enjoy watching the movie even more if you have read the book already. I should have read the book before I went and have seen the movie. Because the book is written in a way like Jonathan Swift's "Gulliver's Travels", where there are deep statements and ideas the author is trying to convey.

You need time to think about what was just said. While watching the movie you start thinking about what the characters had said and the story moves on and you missed some things that way. You can download the audio-book from TorrentSpy.

The movie was a bit drag only to be punctuated by a few moments of extremely hilarious gut-bursting incidents. I think those few funny parts in the move made it overall a very good movie. Even if you haven't read the book, I recommend watching this movie.

Overall I rate this movie 3.9/5.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment