Monday, January 23, 2006
Saturday, January 14, 2006
- Holy Moly! Hubba Hubba! Worked on an assignment the whole weekend non-stop. Just finished and submitted it this morning. Damn that was one tiring weekend. I tell myself never again and then I end up doing it at the last minute all over again. I've got two short on-line quizzes due by tomorrow morning at 9:00 am and I don't have the slightest brain power to do them anytime soon. I've tried sleeping in order to be all refreshed up but, I'm still God Damn tired! Oh well, I think I'm going to watch a little TV and try to relax.
- I noticed something very strange here about Australians. What is up with Australians and their David Hasselhoff obsession? Australians are mad-crazy fans of Hasselhoff. Hasselhoff is actually a huge celebrity like what Brad Pitt is in America. I don't understand it. The guy hasn't done anything ratings worthy since Baywatch. Let me give you guys an idea how huge Hasselhoff is in Australia, like he is on all the latest Pepsi billboards. Worst yet, he knows that he is huge in the land down under. Whenever I get the chance, I'm going to ask one of his local fans the big question "why are Australians so crazy about that guy?".
- I met this guy at the "Uni" -yeah you heard right. That is what people call our University Campus because our campus is basically a 10 story building right in the middle of the city and you can't call it a campus exactly. So, about this guy, the guy knows a lot about programming, computers and, designing stuff. I asked him if he could redesign my blog template for me because I'm just too damn lazy to do it and he said he hasn't had much experience designing stuff, therefore he can't promise anything. But, he would like to work on it for the experience. So, I said yeah sure knock yourself out. Turns out he's also from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. From the brief chat I had with him, he unloaded his whole career vision on me and I was like "sounds good, let me know if I can help". So, he thought we'll work on something together, make the big money, start a systems design company, hire employees and I said stop! You had me at "money". Later I was like...man he's my kind of guy.
- I spent the whole of the last two days trying to configure my router settings to point to my local web server and it kept pointing towards the router administration login box. I don't understand it. I searched the Internet about fixing that problem and every link describes the exact method I've been doing all along. The last 50 times I did this it worked without any trouble, but that was on a LinkSys router. Now, I'm using a NetComm NB1300 router on ADSL. Somebody who knows how to configure a web server on a WAN with this particular router then please help me. Damn it I've even read the whole manual on that router and it says nothing about opening access for a local web server on a WAN. I've tried port forwarding and all that and it still won't budge.
- I've recently started to talk a little in third person. Some people look at me funny whenever I do. I'm like "Knightmare likes food" or "You think Knightmare would like a sandwich right about now?". Crazy, just insane.
- Damn these assignments! They are driving me crazy! Four more and then I'm done for the semester.
- I really like Melbourne, Australia. I really do. I've seen four very distinct parts of the world and Melbourne is the best. I've been to all over Saudi Arabia, seen India, been to Syria, Jordan, lived and seen all over USA for the past 5 years. I feel more happy and at peace here than anywhere I've been to in the past. When I was living in the US, it was the first western country I had been to. After canvassing the place, I thought maybe it doesn't get better than this even with all the crap that one finds in the US. Now, I know it actually does get a whole lot better than the US. After reaching Australia and mixing with the locals I have come to a conclusion that AMERICANS ARE ASSHOLES! They have always been Assholes, they are Assholes, and they will remain Assholes until their final demise. Now, that I look back on it, I'm glad I left America because I don't think I would have been able to bare another second of that ignorant southern drawl rant. Up till now, I thought all westerners were more or the same arrogant, narcissist, blood thirsty as the Americans. It turns out that is not true. Aussies are 10 folds better than any White American Bastard I have ever come across. For those of you who don't understand how someone like Bush become president of the most militarily powerful country in the world then allow me to explain. America is full of Gun-Toting-Redneck-Racist pigs and the country's leader reflects the people.
Monday, January 9, 2006
Friday, January 6, 2006
By GREG RISLING, Associated Press Writer
Thu Jan 5, 5:49 PM ET
LOS ANGELES - First music. Now movies. Jon Stewart, who worked the Grammys in 2001 and 2002, was tapped Thursday to host the 2006 Oscars ".
As a performer, I'm truly honored to be hosting the show," Stewart said, then joked: "Although, as an avid watcher of the Oscars, I can't help but be a little disappointed with the choice. It appears to be another sad attempt to smoke out Billy Crystal.
"The 43-year-old star of Comedy Central's "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" follows a long line of standup comedians who have hosted the Oscars. Over the years, Bob Hope, Johnny Carson, Whoopi Goldberg and Crystal have held down the podium.
"I love a comic who can deal with the unexpected and has the ability to run the room," said Gil Cates, the producer of this year's Academy Awards, airing March 5 on ABC. "The speed of mind and fearlessness of a comic really adds to the show.
"Speculation swirled about a replacement for last year's host, Chris Rock, who said he would not be coming back. Frequently mentioned candidates included Goldberg, Steve Martin and late-night hosts Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien.Rock drew younger viewers, but his barbs skewering Jude Law, Tobey Maguire and others alienated some academy members. Rock is currently producing and narrating "Everybody Hates Chris," a UPN sitcom based on his life.
While Rock has been known to offend some people, Stewart also can stir the pot with his own caustic brand of humor. Stewart and his team of comedy writers often poke fun at mainstream politics and current events.
His efforts have obviously struck a chord. "The Daily Show" has earned seven Emmys and a Peabody award, while Stewart has won the 2005 Thurber Prize for American Humor for his book, "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart Presents America (The Book): A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction."
Cates said he wasn't worried about hiring Rock and doesn't believe that Stewart will have any problems.
"Jon knows the difference of being irreverent without being impolite," Cates said. "This is not a political show. I think he understands that."
One requirement to be the show's host is an appreciation for movies, Cates said. Although Stewart is mostly known for his TV show, he has appeared in several movies, including "The Faculty," "Death to Smoochy" and "Big Daddy."
"He's a very, very popular entertainer with a mind that is quick, and you need that on a show like this," said Sid Ganis, president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
However, Stewart didn't enjoy his time spent on the other side of the red carpet. He once worked as a celebrity reporter covering the Oscars and said being cooped up with other journalists was like being in a zoo. In an interview with The Associated
Press in 2000, he called the job "the grandaddy of humiliation."
This is good news. I was hoping that the academy would choose either Conan O'Brien or Jon Stewart. Can't wait to watch the Award show this year.