Friday, April 15, 2005

Rant: Christian Rhetoric etc

I am so sick of watching Christian channels on cable. Its the same low budget contradictory nonsense over and over again. I'm not a particular fan of atheists but, I just can't bare to watch atheists and Christians bicker on issues that clearly seems me that both of them are wrong on. I don't even believe that queers should be allowed to live in society let alone have the legal right to marriage. But, when Christians throwing this lame statement "Its Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve" at these queer advocates as an argument that's when I feel like puking. I mean its bad enough to here those queer activist say something half-ass to support their cause, where these Christians come along and say the stupidest thing and try to pass them off as intelligent counter arguments. Enough is enough. Moreover, Dude what's the deal with the "700 club"? What's the deal with the evangelical rhetoric in this country?

Sometimes when I watch Larry King Live on CNN, that show looks so tabloid like for a show on such a reputable news network. Why hasn't Ted Turner fired that old geezer wrapped in oversized suspenders?

From the look of the corporate culture in American firms, I can't help but notice it's parallelism to a cult culture. Does anyone else notice this or is it just me?

There are two more weeks for the semester to end and I am already burnt out. Now a days I look back 4 or 5 years ago and wonder. How did I ever get into the computer field? What was I thinking? It's not like I found it hard, boring, or over my head. I think it's just that programming and computers became my life in other words I got sucked in to the illusion the it would have solved my major problems. But, by the time reality sank in, I lost interest. Now, I can't even stomach the sight of any code or programming interface.

On a related topic, I have tried so hard and long to make my PC work as a web hosting server, and it won't just budge. I have setup the IIS and FTP services, but it keeps crashing every few months. I spend 80% of my time fixing and trouble shooting my web server than designing my own complex web applications. It's been 2 years since I started to work on this digital masterpiece. But, I have made no real progress. What a waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment