Monday, April 18, 2005

A Self Witnessed Miracle

This weekend's mishap reminds me of the only time I was in a car accident.

I remember it clearly. I was about 5 or 6 years old. My younger brother, sister, and I were in the front seat of the car all held by our mother. I know it wasn't smart, but in the early 80s there were no traffic laws for toddlers that they were supposed to be buckled up in the backseat in Saudi Arabia.

My dad was driving the car and conversing with my mom. At some point my mother let go of me and held my brother and sister one in each hand. A car almost ran into us when my dad hit the brakes just in time, which flung my head right into the wind-shield that made a huge web like crack in the wind-shield. By some miracle that must have been ordained by the Almighty, I wasn't hurt. Not even a scratch and I didn't even cry or scream in pain. I didn't even feel like something had hit me.

My dad pulled over and my mom checked for any visible marks on my head and asked me if I was hurt or not, and I said no! She asked me over and over again whether I was hurt or not, and each time I replied no! Even I couldn't understand why I wasn't hurt? The look on my dad's face, he was in complete shock. He couldn't believe his eyes, I was more intact than the wind-shield. Later on that evening he joked about it, he said to me "You broke my wind-shield?", like I had misbehaved and done something wrong (keep in mind I was around 5 at the time).

No comments:

Post a Comment